SAVE THE DATE!! May 11th, Thursday N. Chapter FNAP Dinner Meeting in Paramus
Dear fellow APNs, APN students, RNs, nursing students and Faculty,
Please join us on May 11th at the Kraft Center in Paramus for a very interesting clinical topic entitled, "The Medical Complications Associated with Eating Disorders," presented by two speakers from the well-known Renfrew Center located in Ridgewood, N.J.
Title: The Medical Complications Associated with Eating Disorders
Description: Eating disorders are complex illnesses with biological, genetic, psychological, social, and developmental roots. Many of the symptoms of eating disorders are secondary effects of malnutrition, low weight, and dietary changes and patients are at risk for a host of medical complications. Early intervention is essential in the prevention of life-altering or life-threatening medical problems.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- Introductions and brief history of The Renfrew Center
- Levels of care for eating disorder treatment (continuum of care)
- Overview of the 3 major eating disorder diagnosis (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder) including signs and symptoms, medical complications and recommended lab work, and when to refer a patient
- Eating disorders and diabetes (diabulimia)
- Orthorexia (obsession with healthy eating)
- Case presentation
- Questions and discussion
Nancy B. Graham, LCSW, (Social Worker) and Patricia Shadek, APN will be our gracious and knowledgeable speakers.
NO continuing education offers will be offered. A light supper WILL be provided.
Our meeting runs from 7-9pm, with a brief business meeting included.
Please RSVP to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 8th.
Bring a colleague or student!
Victoria Eftychiou, APN
Chair, N. Chapter FNAP