2017 Advanced Practice Nurse Award
Call for Award Nominations:
2017 Advanced Practice Nurse
Award of the Year
In an effort to further recognize the efforts of Advanced Practice Nurses, the Forum of Nurses in Advanced Practice Council is pleased to announce the nomination phase of the 2017 Advanced Practice Nurse of the Year award.
The purpose of this award is to honor an advanced practice nurse who has made significant contribution to APNs, the nursing profession, or in service to our country. This award will be presented during the annual Advanced Practice Conference which will take place at the Princeton Marriott Forrestal, Princeton NJ on November 17th, 2017.
Criteria for Nomination:
- Nominations can be made by members of the APN Council, or any other colleague who works with the candidate and can attest to their qualifications for the award.
- Nominees must be a member of the APN Council.
- Nominees must be a Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner.
- Nominees must exhibit outstanding clinical skills, as demonstrated by the implementation of best practices and or evidence-based practices.
- Nominees must serve as a mentor, coach, and preceptor to students and other nurses.
- Nominees must serve as an advocate for health care by advancing patient care, legislative action, or participating in local/VISN/National Nursing Activities.
- Nominees must demonstrate support of the APN role advocating for or advancing the use of the APN within the health care system.
- Nominees will promote advanced education and or certification for Advanced Practice Nurses.
- Nominees will show advancement of evidence-based practice and/or nursing research with an emphasis on improving clinical outcomes.
Instructions for Nomination:
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominators must complete the following information on the nomination application attached to this memo and forward it to the Chairperson of the Awards Committee, email@example.com with APN AWARD in the subject line by close of business Wednesday November 1, 2017.
- Print the form if you plan on maintaining a copy for your records.
Nominations must be forwarded electronically to the APN’s ad hoc Nursing Awards Committee Chairperson Joan Zaccardi DNP, RN, APM, who will select a minimum of three selection committee members, none of whom are current nominees, to review the applications and select a winner based on the above criteria.
The selected FNAP Advanced Practice Nurse Excellence Award Winner is invited to attend the APN Conference for receipt of the award.
2017 Advanced Practice
Nurse of the Year Award
Nominee Information: (Nominee MUST be an APN member of the NJSNA)
Telephone: Home: Work:
Fax: Home: Work:
E-mail: Home: Work:
Brief Description of Nominee’s Qualifications and Accomplishments:
Three Bullets Highlighting Achievements of Nominee: